Raisins are nutritious, provide high energy and low fat foods contain. This helps to keep the skin healthy and beautiful. The following are some of the benefits of raisins for the skin:
11. Unlike topical creams, protects the skin from the raisins in by keeping the cells from damage. It is packed with antioxidants, phenols that prevent free radicals damage skin cells, collagen and elastin. This helps delay the emergence of signs of aging such aswrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
12. antioxidants in currants accelerates skin repair system, plump out skin and prevent it from damage. It also Rejuvenates the skin cells and prevents the sagging of the skin.
13. Raisins contain resveratrol, a substance which is highly beneficial for maintaining healthy skin. This will remove toxic cells and black from the blood to purify the blood. It also helps increase the production of red blood cells in the body. This in turn makesclear, shiny skin and maintained.
14. blood toxicity, also known as Acidosis, is a condition that increases the acidity in the body. This can lead to complications such as skin ulcers, acne and psoriasis. A highamount of magnesium and potassium in currant neutralizes stomach acid. This helpsthe healing of acidosis and keeping the skin healthy and trouble free.
15. Black raisin Consumption accelerates the liver functions to detoxify the body. It helps flush toxins from the body to get clean and radiant skin.
16. Raisins also help protect the skin against sun damage. Phytochemicals in protectingour skin cells from damage caused by sun exposure. Amino acid in raisins enhance theskin renewal and forms a protective barrier against sun damage. This is useful to prevent skin cancer.
17. antioxidants in raisins fight free radicals in the body. This slows down the oxidation process and prevent the disintegration of the DNA of our skin.
18. Raisin contains vitamins A and E, which help to stimulate the growth of new cells inthe outer layer of the skin. This improves the hydration of the skin to make it supple and younger looking. Regular consumption of raisins also make skin shining andbeautiful.
Raisins for hair:
Raisins contain many nutrients hair friendly as B vitamins, iron, potassium andantioxidants that are needed to improve the condition of hair. Some of the benefits of raisins for hair include:
19. this little treat that is packed with iron, a nutrient necessary for maintaining healthyhair. Iron deficiency can cause a dull and lifeless Manes and hair loss is severe. Ironimproves blood circulation in the body and stimulate the hair follicle cells. This makesthe hair healthy and strong. So munch on a handful of raisins each day to get a dose ofiron.
20. the raisins contains large amounts of vitamin C which facilitates absorption ofminerals and provide food. This helps maintain the natural color of the hair.
21. Taking a handful of raisins per day will strengthen blood vessels. This in turn will reduce flakiness and dandruff, itchy scalp. Resveratrol inhibits inflammation Raisin in the scalp and cell death to prevent hair loss. Raisins also against hair loss caused bydamage to the environment.
22. Consume foods rich in antioxidants can prevent hair loss for most. Antioxidants inraisins prevent hair breakage by stimulating healthy hair follicles. It also promoteshealthy cells is important for hair growth.
23. Raisins contain some vital nutrients that improve the health of the hair. Vitamin C in currant preserve these follicles connective tissue, also known as collagen. This encourages hair growth. Vitamin E increasingly strengthen cell membranes and preventfree radicals from attacking the hair follicles.
Selection and storage:
- Packaged or canned raisins are available at the local grocery store throughout the year.Several brands of raisin and value available so always buy good-quality raisin.
- Raisins are available in a box of small size and portion of large containers. Try to buyraisins were sold in transparent containers or loose, so you can check their quality.While buying raisins packed, make sure that the container is properly sealed and nottampered with.
- Raisins and low quality standards have the meat is thin and very poor taste. Buy a fatRaisin in appearance and not very wrinkled.
- Avoid buying stocks of the old and those who have excess moisture or mold, rotting as this will affect the appearance and edibility of them.
- Shake the boxes or containers and avoid buying a box ticking loudly this time show that raisins had dried.
- Raisins are best consumed within six months from the date of purchase.
- Proper storage is essential for maintaining the freshness and quality of the raisins.
- Raisins should ideally be kept in a cool and dry place. They stay fresh for longer thantwo months if stored in an airtight container and will endure even more if stored in the refrigerator.
- Refrigeration is recommended if you are preserving the raisins for consumption later.You can store it in the refrigerator for up to one year and in the freezer for up to two years. The prolonged Cold storage can cause crystallization of the sugar content ofraisins.
- To prevent crystallization, transfer the raisins from the container into the airtightstorage bag and press out as much air as possible. Seal the bag properly and place it inthe refrigerator or kitchen cabinets. This will prevent raisins from crystallization or turning stale. You can even soak in warm water to dissolve the crystals on them.
The use of raisins:
- Fresh currants and stored properly requires no special attention before eating or using them in a recipe.
- Raisins can be enjoyed alone or be combined with other dried fruits like dates, almonds,apricots and prunes for a healthy snack.
- They taste best when taken with warm milk.
- You can add raisins for breakfast cereals, homemade granola or sprinkle on a bowl ofoatmeal.
- You can also save it in a wallet or purse for a healthy snack on-the-go.
- If raisins had dried, place them in a bowl with hot water for a few minutes. You can use the raisin infused liquid to prepare side dish. Use the soaked Raisins on top of thechicken dish or layer with plain yogurt to make a parfait dessert. Sweet and theirtexture make them a great addition to the stuffing poultry.
- Currants are used extensively in salads and is added to curries in the cuisine.
- They fit with most foods baked and is a sought after item in confectioneries. Theyadded in muffins, cakes, biscuits, pastries and cakes. They are also used in the preparation of jams, jellies and puddings.
- Although there are a relatively small traces of pesticides in raisins, their impact onhealth is well documented.
- It tampers the ability of the liver to process other toxins, inhibiting the cell's ability to produce energy.
- Commercial currants grown even treated with sulfur dioxide to prolong their shelf lifeand prevent oxidation and bleaching of colors. This can cause an adverse reaction, especially in people who suffer from asthma and sulfite-sensitive.
So consider buying organic raisins if you are sulfite-sensitive.
Hope you liked the article. Please leave your comments below.